Nov 19, 2008

More of your time

I look forward to the few precious moments that I get to spend with you.When we are so caught up in the entries of the appointments in our diary, a few lines of snatched conversations here & there seem to be the highlight of the day.In an era where everything is designed to make life simple for us, why a simple conversation with a loved one is so hard to manage? Why I cant just pick up the phone & talk to you ?Why I cant speak with you for three uninterrupted minutes? Why I need to cook up excuses to talk to you? Why cant you just speak a few more lines to me? Why cant you just talk to me?Or simply say that you want to talk to me? Why do I have to wait for something important to come up so that I can talk to you?Why cant I just get to sit next to you for a few minutes & watch the crowd pass us by? Why are we like a crowd who are passing each other by in a busy subway? Why are we like the parallel tracks of a railway line which travel miles together but they meet only to go their separate ways? Why cant we just merge together so that you & I cant differentiate who is who? You say I understand whats in your mind. Then, why cant you understand whats on my mind?I want more of you. But if you cant give me, then let me atleast have more of your time...

1 comment:

Thoughts @ Black n White said...

very well said...something maybe everyone today realise is that we are missing on the simple things in life...really why don't we communicate what we feel?? why is there so much of hesitation to tell the person we need that " I need u ". u have touched everyone's inner chord through ur writing...well done !!!